I'm pretty confident to have a releaseable candidate in a week or less. There are only a few remaining important tasks:
So I've been working on a tool for building mechs in a tabletop rpg called Mekton Zeta. I have an "alpha" version working in Java/Scala, but as I've taken a liking to Haxe and it's portability, I'm attempting to port my code before continuing forward. For everyone eagerly awaiting updates for Mecha Gunbuster Squad, it's on hold for bit. Though hopefully I can find someone to cover the art side of things, since I don't find it very motivating to stare at a bunch of place-holding squares. Anyway, I may elaborate on what the tool does and how it works later, but for now I'm going to bed.
So I did work yesterday, and I'll request a late submission link, I did a bunch of debugging to sort out why I had broke my game, and found a small issue in the engine I use (fixed now) that had caused big, hard to find damage in my game.
Today I refactored the players collision component into something that all complex moving entities can use, with no reliance on other player code:D
About my #PDJam entry, a Twine game based on "The Double" (Dostoyevsky):
- Completed 1/3 of the writing (1st draft)
- I realized I wanted to do 3 things:
*A same scene can be altered by your madness rate;
*Scenes can be played in any order you want with different conclusions;
*All scenes appear on a same page and expand as you make choices.
Between variables and functions, I haven't come out with a solution to make this work yet. That's my next step.