it's time to bring back weekly loops!
This took a lot more effort than anticipated, had to update my loops library to the latest go-gl
I wanted to try graphics programming in Go so I started relearning opengl by building a library for creating looping animations (for weekly loop streak). This one is pretty basic because I had to write a lot of boilerplate.
The library lets me draw some shapes, and gives me a simple way to record the frames of the loop for packaging into a gif. Here's the source for this loop: https://github.com/leafo/weeklyloops/blob/master/loop1.go
I'll be uploading the code for all my weekly loops in this repository: https://github.com/leafo/weeklyloops
Made using Clojure and quil.
Still getting acquainted with quil, but this came out much better than previous attempts. I worry that the jerking when the square comes down ruins some of the smoothness that's expected from a loop like this, but it gives the square so much more weight. I think that trade-off is worth it.
pretty basic one, added circles to my loop engine (a circle with 5 sides :))
I've added 3d support and ply model loading to my loop engine
I only managed to get about 6 hours to work on this submission, and a fair amount of it was getting accustomed to my tools. I realized that my first idea was going to take more time than I had, so I abandoned it and started something very simple.
At the very least I'm more comfortable with the process now, and I can pick up my leftover scraps for next week.
isometric cube rotations.
rotating about z
rotating about x
rotating about y
This one ended up being a video since the dimensions and size were really awkward and unwieldy for a gif. I might shrink down the images by about a third or so and try making that into a gif, but video is the ideal format for it right now.
The Lincolnshire Poacher served as the inspiration for the one.
I took 19 numbers from the above broadcast, as entered them sequentially into my microwave, taking a photo at each one. Once I put them all together, I learned that four numbers isn't enough context to give the impression of motion, so that aspect of it didn't work out too well. This was a nice experiment with photo based gifs. I think I'm going to go back to programmatic ones after this. Too much tweaking by hand, too variable of a result.