Today I read a bit about behavior trees, didn't realize quite how much more complex they are vs fsms... anyway still in exam week so trying to not get too distracted, so thats all I did. yeah.
Planning counts! I am going to post for today my plan to integrate the conversation system I brainstormed last week. I am also going to attempt when I get home today to see how much I can do and post a gif.
1) Conversation object which detects when player is near or not (test with just having a textbox on that conversation that shows when you are near, and hides when you are not)
2) Assign a simple linear script to the conversation, no special character animation, just lines
3) Make conversation ensure that all actors are summoned to it's area on conversation start
If I get to 3 I will consider today a success and be proud of it :)
4) Character speaking direction changes according to who they are responding to
5) Generic interrupt section can be assigned to a conversation, where player action will either A) end the conversation, or B) switch the conversation script
6) Ability to insert specific interrupts on each line of conversation
Bonus steps I will aim to complete tomorrow.
We've just hit the working week and suddenly the time I have available to code goes right down!
An offline options have been added to the game. This will allow single player and local multiplayer matches to be played offline either on one keyboard or with one or more controllers (controller support yet to be added).
Coming up tomorrow: I start to implement the actual game play.