I don't even know what I'm doing here YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
Hit me up on twitter!
Added a demo and some fixes/features for Mass Warfare!
We were supposed to meet today for SLG kickstarter, but things got mucked up. Oh well. There's always next Wednesday.
Also I totally broke my streak yesterday. Fantastic day long migraine. Oh well, I'm still optimistic.
So I was working on a demo internally, and I mostly ended up just fixing bugs.
I totally forgot to add a "demo info" page, so I'll have to put the demo off until tomorrow.
Not much today, but I did add some stuff I felt was missing from Mass Warfare.
Today I've been mostly just cleaning up old game stuff.
I missed the last post, but I've been game jamming all weekend, so I think it's fair to say I'm still on my streak!
I finished two games this weekend:
update: originally submitted this post from my phone ...
So I've added mouse support to:
I'm using my dong2 (https://github.com/josefnpat/dong2/) library to interpret the mouse input, which means it should be super easy to add controllers!
And of course always some juice: Bullet spray.
So, not much time today, but I was able to get the camera work tonight.
The min and max on the x and y are calculated for entities, and then that is used to::
So I've started on my 1GAM for feb. I've had a LOT of ideas and a GDD, and it's nice to see all that coming together.
And very quickly I might add, especially with that `bump.lua` tech demo I made earlier.
Here is a scene with planets produced by my universe generator (http://missingsentinelsoftware.com/blog/gnuplotive...), the kikito's bump.lua library (https://github.com/kikito/bump.lua) and urraka's texpack (https://github.com/urraka/texpack)
Then I generated all the classes with my class generator (https://github.com/josefnpat/LuaClassGen) which made everything nice and squeaky clean.
So I've been doing some research on spatial partitioning for this upcoming weekend, and I've been rather successful.
Normally with collision checking, one needs to check every object against every other collideable object. With a few objects, this isn't really much of an issue, but when you start using a lot of objects, it can quickly become a mess.
The simple check every object against another object system used about 1,720,000 checks per second.
Using Kikito's bump.lua I was able to reduce it down to ~600 checks per second, and that was even with more ships. Damn amazing!
If you would like to try it out on your own computer, simply download `test_spatial_hash.love`, and run it with LÖVE 0.9.x.
Right click to reset and toggle bump. The window is re-sizable.