A couple of weeks ago I was in a game jam. That's unimportant though, what's important is that afterwards I was inspired to create a simple demo with Mecha in it. Mecha Gunbuster Squad will be that demo. And maybe more...
Lots of behind-the-scenes work was accomplished today. I wrote an actual state machine that's easy to attach to any entity, and now it's just of matter of implementing it on the enemies and peons. It's implemented on the player and deleting a ton of 'if' statements and booleans was very satisfying. Nothing to show, though, since the player acts the same :P
On the art side, I added a couple of frames to the player sprite, so that they're holding a tablet device when deciding what to build. I also pixeled some walls, as you can see below.
Got nice save/load native dialogs, and reopening last file and such, trying to make the editor feel more like real software.