Currently the pathfinding in my game understands which areas are walkable and which ones are blocked based on collision tiles which are drawn on the map in the tile editor (for which I currently use the excellent Tiled). This is great, but it doesn't well handle dynamically placed objects. I took a stab at writing an efficition class to lookup which tiles are blocked taking into account dynamically moving objects. I plan to eventually evolve it into some sort of quadtree-like structure, and dump the tiles in there as well.
I tried to actually hook the space class up to the pathfinder, but didn't have time to actually make it functional yet. Very close!
I got some feedback on the game's current state from one of the people that let's played the original "One Room Dungeon."
I have a clearer idea of what I want the game to be now, and development should be much quicker as a result. Tons of fun mechanics coming soon!
(I also did some minor graphics tweaks that you will see later.)
Today I continued working on notifications. Created functions for adding and removing them with nice animations. All in all, I'm quite pleased. :)
I'll a gif with the new notifications.
By the way, if you would like to show Crystal Kingdom your support, you can like its facebook page. :)
Yesterday's update can be found here.
In a case of any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me here or on twitter. ;)
For more updates, you should follow my twitter account - @PeterLauris and the account of Crystal Kingdom - @CrystalKingdom_.