Started 8 years ago (2016-05-19T09:00:00Z). Goes forever.

Do something, anything, related to the development of your game every day!

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh

"Inches make champions." - Vince Lombardi

Have a question for this streak?Ask a question...

Recent submissions (711 total)

Fixed a few bugs related to the buff management system for the game.

Implemented buff that slows down time. Added system for tracking and managing future buffs as well. There was a small bug that I will fix tomorrow.

Modified the shake it mode in the game to be based on speed rather than number of shakes in set amount of time. Also, created queuing system for transitioning rounds.

Worked on refactoring current game with new speed based concept. Refactored the following:

  • Changed scoring mechanism to be based on fastest time
  • Changed rotation level to a format where you need to rotate X number of times instead of rotating as many times as possible in X time.

Plan Sprint 2 for Aurora Run game refactor

Worked on some design and sketching for pivot to new gauntlet type format

Set up basic 2D project and github repo for the game jam that starts tomorrow. Generated a basic day 1 plan for the initial game concept.

Finally polished up the canons and they work now. Having a lot of fun using them in my puzzles

Showcase_1.mp434mb

So I decided that the game needed a bit more of a chaotic side. The name of the game is Momentum Mayhem after all. So I've decided to bring in some canons. These items can take in any item you feed it and if the fuse is lit, (not done yet lmao) shoots them out with a very strong force.

Worked on creating and adding assets to my game. Created a simple bunny asset/animation, added background using tile sets which was new to me, added nest assets/functionality, and added flower assets/functionality to the game.

I fixed a bug on the lose condition I did yesterday

time spent: 35 minutes

Cozy Spring Game Jam started today. Created most basic of basic playable games with placeholder assets:

  • Bunny can move around screen
  • Bunny can take eggs from a nest
  • Bunny can hide eggs in a bush

The player is now able to lose.

I'm sorry for these submissions being so lazy, I have very little time for this, but I try to do something every day =)

Time Spent: 35 minutes

Prepped for the Cozy Spring Game Jam this weekend. Did the following:

  • Set up github repo
  • Brainstormed and decided on game concept and theme
  • Sketched character and environment designs
  • Created a plan that defines the MVP and breaks out the priority list for the first two days

Also, decided on May 7th for an alpha release of the mobile game I have been working on the last few months. Learned that r/playmygame and r/destroymygame exist which will be great for testing and feedback.

my name is hailey and i'm working on a big update for my game "hailey's aesop" which you can check out here! hopefully this will help me continually work on it at least a little bit every day.

i'll be making some progress today so once i do that i'll either update this submission or make a new one (depending on how this whole thing works).

Today I did some refactoring. This game is mostly code, I have to make sure I keep everything clean =)

minutes_spent: 30

Decided on a theme for the mobile game (space/planet). This offers a variety of different benefits, mainly that the art/animation is easier to create. Spent an hour sketching different options for the main character, Pluto.

I started adding a level selection menu to my game and decided to give it some tilt. Slapped in an 8 ball while I was at it and now you can balance the 8 ball while in the menu. No idea why I spent time making this but its here either way.

2024-04-16 16-55-42.mp414mb

Worked on improving project management for game dev. Did the following:

  • Tested out a few different project management tools (Decided on Trello)
  • Created Trello board for mobile game
  • Created user stories for this weeks sprint
  • Tested and added time tracking power up to Trello so that I can better track development time for each game I create

Some little progress -_-

Now more words spawn if the player types faster =)

I released the demo of my physics based puzzle game and the people who have left some comments and suggestions on my discord have been really nice. So I've been adding more levels and thinking about adding new items to play around with in the full version.

This time, I was inspired by Minecraft's piston and sticky pistons. So, I decided to give it a try and whipped up a quick prototype of it.

It was clear from the get go that this item's identity in this game was to be able to move static items in the game.

Naturally, platforms and blocks in the game can't be move by any normal means. Dynamic items will always interact with dynamic items. This is where pistons shine. While it is still buggy in actuality, the results so far have been intriguing and I am excited to polish this item to formally add it into the game.

(3mb)
(6mb)
Loading more
Time left to submit
 
days
 
hours
 
minutes
 
seconds
Join streak
2024-05
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
1
0
0
0
1
0
0
1
0
0
1
1
1
1
0
0
0
0
2024-04
0
0
1
0
1
1
1
0
1
0
0
0
0
2
2
4
2
2
2
2
2
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
2024-03
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
1
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
1
1
0
1
0
1
1
0
0
0
0
0
1
0
2024-01
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0

Discuss

Hosted by