Started 254 days ago (2022-01-18T08:00:00Z). Goes forever.

Post your work in this streak.
Document your progress as you improve.

Have a question for this streak?Ask a question...

Recent submissions (19 total)

Pokeball: 00:27:14
Josh: 2:10:20

Simple iphone 6

Time: 35 min

Stream was broken from a couple days spent doing debugging stuff more than artistic stuff, but should be back on track now!

All the Gastly animations are completed. Here's his death animation as he's burned by the sun. Next up this weekend is animation and chart polish! After that, I'll spend whatever time's left making an animated lightshow until the last day.

Finished the bulk of the intro animation effects today. This shifted between five different Post-Processing profiles in Unity which was.. surprisingly involved. There may be a better method, but since I was only able to animate one profile within a given camera, 5 cameras were involved in the making of this video!

Also began other dancing animations for Gastly.

Spent a lot of time today playing with the Unity particle editor, but managed to add a little wiggle lol. Don't know if I'll actually use it, but it's fun to see him dance!

Colors are a bit funny from experimenting with post-processing effects.

So, currently on a mad rush to submit an entry for the Everhood mod contest! I'll be post some pictures here for daily progress on my animations using Unity's animator.

It's going to be a battle against a DJ Gastly. This is his initial sprite with the smoke being done live with the particle system! How this gives a cool effect when he starts dancing around.

i've been working on a mod but i did try to doodle some yesterday it was just very late at night..
but peep the secret

Applied the altering of colors and different timings to the electricity.
I like the flow better because it eases out into dissipation alongside the smoke.

The smoke should be less bubbly. It should dissipate like streaky mist, not cartoony clouds. I fix this by connecting the shapes to form longer lines.
The dissipation should follow a curved pattern that resembles its silhouette and flow direction. So for this example, I could have make it curve slighty in-out ward from the center.

continuation of yesterday
Did a tiny bit better on the keyframe planning for the smokes. Still unsure on how to approach the electricity to get consistent results

My main pc totally died so I tried to stream on an old laptop to do some practice and hang out with friends.. It was my first ever art stream and it was pretty successful even though I get nervous about how I do

Each of these had a lot of different amount of time spent depending on the request

Study from yesterday
Butchered the smoke 'flow' when I tried looping the animation. Ill need to work on better keyframe planning asap

Electricity practice
I will continue separating the progress with new frames
Its a great way to document the process and pinpoint any mistakes

Chipped away at some animation practice this week!
I gotta understand each segment to its fullest so i can piece them together better.
I also want to get better at smooth animation & adapt to whatever frame rate im at

Frog everhood for now because it's fun to get a little weird with it
Time spent: 1 hour
Maybe someday I'll make a custom battle

Made a placeholder tileset. Water is super basic but I'll see how it looks with some water shaders. The stone bricks also look super basic, but I'm hoping normal maps and some lighting will fix those up in-game. Tested putting some tiles side-by-side at the bottom.

Tomorrow I'll prob start sketching the area, and then work on the sprite assets needed to make the sketch a reality the next couple days after that!

Time Spent: 1 hour 30 minutes (specifically the second character)

For this one I tried to give Dedede a more solid pose and defined some lines but also pace myself in a way where I'm not trying too hard on just one part of the piece

So, with the 14 day challenge finished, planning to put the pixel skills to use in creating a very small game to stretch those pixel muscles. First step to that end will be the creation of some simple placeholder assets to be refined later.

Didn't have much time today, but I wanted to throw together a simple palette for some of the basic tiles that'll show up in the first area (some bright, peaceful ruins) to set the tone.

Colors correspond roughly to the grass, stones, water, and dirt. Over the next couple days, I'll throw together some tilesets and scenery props--perhaps a simple main character sprite.

Time: 20 minutes

This one was tough because trying to translate squid hair to pixel art is a bit strange
Fixing up the lines before felt nice but trying to get nice 'chaos' colors to work is also hard so if the next time i share this one it's probably gonna have a new palette LMAO
I also needed to stop at this point because I was starting to take up too much time working at this stage

But I still feel pretty good about it
Time spent: 2 hours 38 minutes

Time left to submit
 
days
 
hours
 
minutes
 
seconds
Join streak
2022-09
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
2022-08
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
2022-05
1
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0

Hosted by