I've been reading a lot lately about different techniques used in game engines, including some optimization methods. I haven't realized earlier how complicated creating a 3d engine from scratch is. And I lack the experience and knowledge required for doing so. Therefore I'll either have to use a lot of external code, or I'll move to JMonkeyEngine if that doesn't work. But don't worry, I'll do what I can to finish CONTINUUM ENGINE (the game).
So I made something today. A couple lines of code and a little test of the engine. I also decided to release the title now. CONTINUUM ENGINE will be both the title of the engine and the game. There isn't much to see, especially because the draw() method is broken for some reason. I'll have a look at it tomorrow possibly. And now, All your base are belong to us
Again, no pics today, as I just began rewriting the engine. I'll make it easier to read, comment it and make it more versatile (support for 2d and 3d, not just 3D voxels). I already rewrote about half of the engine code and created some new code for static and physic objects. I'll also do better collision while rewriting. Once the engine is usable, I'll upload it to gitHub as an openSource Java LWJGL-based engine. I'll be updating the engine and improving it for the next couple months probably.