Last week I bought a uPlaits (by Tall Dog) and am trying out a few things now. It essentially takes the place of the E352, but I think the sounds are a little more musical and melodic. Some things I'm trying:
- More coordinated drops. I try silence in the middle, I don't think I quite succeed.
- More fills, to keep drums driving and interesting
- B sections in songs, even though they're in the same chord progression. In this one, I accidentally hit the octave up key midway for a track. It actually sounded good, so I left it. I actually wanted to bring up the next 16-step loop (which I also have).
- Sounds that are a little more coherent. Plaits just sounds good overall, but things seem to gel together a bit more.
- Ozone Elements to maximize everything. That's also a bit of a learning curve also.
Instruments used: Only the Eurorack! Main sound sources are BIA (kick/snare), Plonk (hat), Plaits (lead), Cursus Iteritas (arp), and Dixie II+ (bass).
Emotional tone, I wanted something exciting and groovy and danceable. That's usually not hard to do for me.