Submissions from 2017-09-18 to 2017-09-25 (5 total)

Pseudo-epic-trying guitar ballad.

Notes: I tried to steal chords from pop songs, but it was too hard to figure out how they were supposed to sound good together.

Starting in earnest:

16:35 - 18:50. 2h 15m

Really? It sure felt longer than that.

Part of a soundtrack for a horror genre exploration game.

Another even busier week, so here's another quick improv with the sine-waves-and-random-processing Max/MSP patch. There's some convolution reverb using an impulse from a Swedish reactor, some EQ8 to roll off above 8K (because it's peaky up there), and full-chain master. Title comes from the n=3 magic hexagon, which sums to 38.

This track was created with all source sounds from my sax. For the rhythm, I sampled various key taps then programmed a beat into DM-1. Then I exported the individual parts into Logic where I further edited my drum beat. I recorded the initial sax pad running it through the Afterneath pedal and then used some Logid effects to broaden the pad sound. I then recorded a "lea" sax line, which I then reversed and placed in a couple places. I exported that lead sax part to my laptop, where I used Traktor to scratch the sample back into Logic. Also tracked some backspins of the sample using Traktor.
This is for a bi-weekly challenge that a Facebook group I belong to is doing. This round is maximum of two synth parts can be used, the rest has to be foley or "acoustically recorded" sounds. I decided to go with no synths. The only thing I might consider is to use a synth bass to add a little more low end, but I think all in all this sounds pretty cool. Your thoughts?

I've been battling with some depression over the last year or two and realized yesterday that even though I feel like I'm improving, I've stopped doing all the things I used to love doing even when times were tough. Decided maybe it was time to try putting something together and just finishing it in one sitting.

This is arbitrarily called orgeat since the word was fresh in my mind after making cocktails. The drums are Smackos Amiga 909. Percussion is just Ableton Core Kit Percussion. Bass is just the u-he Repro default patch (speed was of the essence). And the Rhodes was just a built in Ableton sound. Didn't really labour over the mix at all so I'm sorry if your ears bleed.

Highly recommend the hack track. Feels good to do a thing.

God bless

5 downloads
orgeat-demo.wav37mb